FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase purchase protection issues [Consolidated]
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:35 am
doss1

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yngdiego
Any updates on Sapphire Reserve purchase protection? A few years ago a new item was stolen, and it was purchased on my AMEX Plat card. Amex was very easy to deal with and with supporting docs, I got reimbursed with minimal fuss.

I'll have a couple of big purchases coming up this year, and trying to decide which card I should use. CSR, Citi Prestige, or Amex Plat. I want a company that will stand by their advertised protection and not try to weasel out of a legit claim.

Does Chase really require you to re-purchase the exact same item? I just looked through the CSR benefits guide and I saw no mention of re-purchasing the item.
I bought an expensive North Face jacket in late fall and the strings around the hands and pockets started to fray. It was a terrible product...not sure what happened to the north face brand, but I was not happy. I sent it to Chase for return protection because North Face would not give me my money back (they said they might replace the jacket if I mailed it in, but they were flooded with warranty requests because it's the cold time of the year).

Just got my big fat refund today via check. Nice!