FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would you complain re: possible "shena"?
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:18 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by azeckel
Wednesday night fleeing LGA. Was #1 all day but about 2 hours out, all the remaining FC seats were gone. I stayed #1 for 0 and was told at the gate FC checked in full. After boarding was done, one empty seat up front. And the app changed to say one open seat (i took a screenshot - 8 minutes after scheduled departure). GA walks one last person onto the plane and points at the seat and says "that's your seat" and then we leave.

I dunno who the last minute guy was. He could have paid a stack of cash for the seat, but it certainly didn't feel like it. Just the way he acted / they interacted it seemed like he was nonrev. Obviously i have no proof either way.

Is this even something worth complaining about to Delta? It's so minor, but I do feel insulted at checkin when nearly every week they offer to sell me an upgrade for ~$200. After maintaining DM status for 7 years I feel like I've paid a different kind of price.

Flame away. WFBF. I'm right there with you. But if I do that, I'm not going to maintain status anywhere. I'll pry just start flying to EWR on UA b/c it's easier to get to the west side from there. Also, there's no way I'm going to stand around the gate waiting for the "you board you lose" nonsense. I do carry a rollaboard and most of the time the GA recognizes when asked if FC is full that they can't pull shenanigans...
The key question is whether FC has BOARDED full, not whether it has checked in full. However, when you ask the first question, many GAs will answer the second.