FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I must be a minority; preferred aircraft in F
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:35 pm
morges1

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Indeed he is not a moaner but certainly doesn't like the 787. I think the difference is, on the whole, whether you are travelling as a couple or not. The 789 has no buddy seat, the cabin isn't big, and the seats along the side are staggered. So not so couple friendly, except perhaps the centre pair.

As a single traveller mainly, and someone who has travelled First in all of BA fleet (without ever paying for it!), my ranking is:
787-9 then A380, then B747 if I'm in row 1. If not in row 1 then 777 is better than the 747, other than the 17 seater, which is too many.
Thanks, T-UK and c-w-s, I usually don't moan. It's just that I have had several flights with ripped out lamp holes covered in duct tape, a problem inflight entertainment system, coloured by the worst food I've ever had (but I can't blame the aircraft for that, rather Delhi catering). Now I'm travelling a lot less workwise, I am more likely to travel with Mme M1 and since we both like window seats, we do miss the buddy seat (as c-w-s pointed out). Will be doing HKG in a few weeks time on favourite A380 but will return a couple of weeks later on the famous 789 again out of Delhi, so stay tuned for any change of heart on both 789s and Delhi catering!