FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MH to TG international transfer at KLIA
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:01 pm
SilverChris

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Main Wheel
What is the process for an international transfer flying in on an international MAS flight and then departing on an international Thai airways flight with no checked in baggage?

Will I have to clear immigration in KLIA? I assume not as I would arrive and depart on international flights with no checked baggage, albeit with different carriers?
KUL T1 and Satellite have a mixed arrivals-departures setup like SIN. Just go to the transfer desk to pick up your TG boarding pass and head straight to the lounge.

Do Thai operate out of KLIA 1?
Yes, T1. They usually depart at the Satellite Terminal (C gates). If arriving on MH you may arrive at the Main Terminal (G/H gates), which is a short aerotrain ride away.

Assuming no need for passport control at KLIA is 2-3 hours enough time to transfer between flights allowing for a little lounge time?
If the inbound flight is on time, that's perfectly fine.

What are your recommendations for lounges at KLIA? I am *G and also full priority plus member?
There are only two *G lounges in KUL: TG and SQ. Neither are fancy by any means, but the TG one is bigger and usually quieter. Both have a passable selection of hot food, snacks and drinks.

As a PP member you can also access the Plaza Premium lounge which isn't much better than the two *G ones.