FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR / London Heathrow Int"l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)
Old Feb 8, 2017, 8:53 pm
brewdog11

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
The first class lounge was even more of a let down having come from the CX first lounge (delay at the gate after we left the latter and figured we'd just go the AA lounge where they would announce our new departure instead of needing to guess).
Agree with you on the CX bit. The FL has gotten better though, especially in terms of food and beverage. There is a good selection of liquor, decent buffet food, and quality champagne/a mimosa station. Staff are also improved and more helpful, and will provide at-seat service for things like champagne and mimosa refills. It still feels more like a fancy waiting room, but it is way better than it was two years ago. IMHO, it's better than the T3 Galleries F lounge, too (except for for the JW Blue). I don't get why people prefer the BA F lounge over the FL so much, especially with the mediocre food and variable staff.

The CX Lounge, OTOH, knocked my socks off. Their decor is superb, the staff is on point, and their restaurant rivals a top-tier Asian restaurant you'd find in a city. I show up early to LHR for this place, and I typically stay there until T-2.