FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ C+Y or ANA Super Style (old) C
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2004, 9:14 am
John26

Programs: The opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the airlines I worked for.
Question SQ C+Y or ANA Super Style (old) C

I am about to ticket a Star Alliance award itinerary from SFO-SIN. I have made an exhaustive search, using all possible exit points, transfer points, etc, from every gateway in the U.S. and Asia that utilizes Star airlines. The final decision for my travel dates has boiled down to this:

Option 1. SFO-NRT-SIN in ANA Super Style (old business class, both segments, both 777s)

Option 2. SFO-LAX-SIN (SFO-LAX in UA domestic First, LAX-SIN in Premium Economy on the Leadership A345)

Option 3. SFO-ICN-SIN (SFO-ICN in SQ business class with Spacebeds, ICN-SIN in SQ Y).

How would you rank these options? I am 6'2" tall.

Waitlisting for higher classes of service is not permitted on Star awards. You can, however, change the ticket free of charge for identical routings if a higher class of service opens up and you call in quickly enough. A change of routing (e.g. if SFO-HKG-SIN opened up) would incur a $75 USD reissue fee (which would be fine with me).

Also, I recall a post about someone who was confirmed on a Star paper award ticket in SQ Business class on all segments except 1 who was able to get SQ to place him in an (available, non-used) Business class seat at the time of check-in at LAX. I can't find this post anymore, though.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and advice!