FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR / London Heathrow Int"l. Airport Admirals Club (master thread)
Old Feb 3, 2017, 2:46 pm
apeortdz

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Had never been to any of the T3 OW lounges. Arrived at LHR a couple of hours before my flight so I decided to take advantage of my last month of Plat status (downgrading to Gold) and T3 lounge hop. Started at the BA Galleries Club and found it decent and then to the CX Business Lounge which was excellent. I departed the CX lounge so I'd have just have enough time to drop in the Admirals Club.

WHAT A DUMP!!!

It's like an 80s public gate area.

Sure it might have somewhat better food offerings than domestic ACs, but it looks like no care at all went into the decor with plain grey seats, DMV style linoleum floors, bare white and beige walls, cheap plastic chairs around plain eating tables and a couple of plants added which I'm sure some decorator thought would give it that "home look." It's dark and the recessed lighting does little to rectify the minimal natural sunlight. Even EXUS domestic lounges look nicer.

It adds insult to injury knowing the VX Clubhouse is directly from this dog.

Is there any possibility of AA completely remodeling this lounge or perhaps moving to a new space?
Seriously? I was there last month and I thought it was really nice.

And there is no chance of a remodel as this just happened a few months ago!