FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at HNL
Thread: Cars at HNL
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:21 pm
Closingracer

Originally Posted by humansoul
Thanks for the info. I was aware that Alamo is not on the same lot as National, but figured as sibling companies, they share the fleet in general. I normally rent National due to my Exec Level, but the price was close to $150 more than the Costco rates I got through Alamo.

I guess I'll stick it out and hope for the best.

I've driven the previous Maximas, not the new ones, so this might be worth the pick up if I can get one. Easter Sunday may mean slim pickings or vice-versa and be packed due to the Easter holidays.

300C and Ford Fusion would be my other options too, I'd skip the Accord or Impala. Worst case, for $10 more, I did make a reservation for a mid-size SUV that I can fall back on.

I would also suggest the kia cadenza if you find it. I driven the 2016 model and while it isn't a driver's car it is very premium.... For the price of the car you get very good features. For me as a rental if I needed size I would take it over a C300 or 3 series. Actually I would consider it an upgrade over the 3 series that national carries unless you want something fun to drive which I'll take the 3 series then.