FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CVG get some love from Delta
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:00 pm
BenA

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pbarnette
I won't give you any passive-aggressive emoticons either. That is because they are unnecessary. You are wildly wrong. Full stop. This isn't an opinion, you are completely and utterly wrong on the facts.

WN started shedding capacity at ATL from the minute they acquired Airtran and are now something like 30% smaller than the combined carriers prior to the merger. DL mainline, on the other hand, is something like 30% larger. I mean, your example of PHF is telling in that WN pulled out of there completely, as soon as the ink was dry on the merger. There was no reason to "respond" to a carrier hell-bent on retreating to begin with.

You'd do well to brush up on the historical record before posting further on this subject.
pbarnette and I don't agree on much around here, but their assessment of WN in ATL here is spot on. WN has systematically dismantled the old AirTran operation, raiding it for the profitable bits and shedding the rest...