Search

CVG get some love from Delta

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Smile CVG get some love from Delta

http://news.delta.com/delta-expandin...ons-cincinnati
  • Expanded service in five cities with additional daily flights: Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Orlando and Toronto
  • Aircraft upgrades in two markets: Denver to mainline and all Minneapolis flights offering First Class
  • Seasonal extensions in two markets: Fort Myers now operating daily throughout the summer and Seattle extending into the fall and spring
Additionally, Delta is improving schedules in four markets: Charlotte, Hartford, Newark and Philadelphia. Schedules in these markets will be retimed to allow for convenient day trips for business and leisure travelers with morning departures and evening returns. Flights will also be more evenly distributed for improved coverage throughout the day.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
It needs it and I would say that this is a direct countermeasure to WN coming to the market.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: DL Dia, KM, 2MM, Hilton Dia, Natl Emer Exec. Avis Pres.
I saw that email earlier. CVG is my home airport. CVG-DEN on DL metal will be nice.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Paging WWads. Where is WWads?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:59 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
Paging WWads. Where is WWads?
lol
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Here and excited.

Airliners.net was talking about some frequency shuffling by DL at CVG. Looks like all the routes match up with what I've heard.

CVG-MSP on a 50-seater was disgraceful. So glad to see regular 2-cabin service. CVG-DEN makes sense. United recently added mainline service on the same route. CVG-SEA is close to year-round at this point, which is really nice.

I'm really hoping to see CVG-LHR with the recently acquired slot. CVG could support a 757 IMO, but until now there hasn't been a slot available, and it didn't make sense to move an existing one.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Sweet. CVG is still a valid connection point in the routing rules, so this adds yet another transcon option out of Seattle for emergency use. At this point, it's barely more helpful than RDU, but can't hurt to have more options! ^
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by BenA
Sweet. CVG is still a valid connection point in the routing rules, so this adds yet another transcon option out of Seattle for emergency use. At this point, it's barely more helpful than RDU, but can't hurt to have more options! ^
Because it is still a hub.

CVG still sees a measurable amount of connecting traffic. On a recent ORD-CVG flight, almost half the plane had onward connections.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by WWads
Because it is still a hub.

CVG still sees a measurable amount of connecting traffic. On a recent ORD-CVG flight, almost half the plane had onward connections.
Keep telling yourself that.

On Delta's cheapest SEA-CLT r/t, MEM is still in the fare rules in spite of no DL SEA-MEM or MEM-SEA flight (in March, anyway).

MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. SEA-SLC/SEA/RDU/NYC/MSP/MEM/DTT/CVG/ATL-CLT
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:31 pm

Ha... What happened to those who commented that CVG folks should "be grateful to have service" albeit on a RJ? It appears that Delta was simply sticking CVG fliers with lousy medal as CVG had no alternatives to get to certain destinations like MSP, BWI, CHI etc.

Enter the recent announcements of Southwest and Frontier and the arrival of their aircraft and all of the sudden, Delta is interested in aircraft "enhancements" - "These enhancements reflect the solid demand from both business and leisure travelers," said Joe Esposito, Delta’s Vice President–Network Planning.

It would appear CVG revenue isn't as immaterial to Delta as some have suggested.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Glad to see CVG-SEA going year round or close to it. Now if they'd just make SEA-CVG a daytime departure instead of a redeye that'd be awesome (albeit, I know that's likely unrealistic).

Also glad to see overall growth at CVG. WN finally arriving. AA bringing mainline back to DFW in April. UA will also have mainline to ORD, DEN, and SFO. Frontier is expanding at a pretty good pace too. Finally some really good news for CVG. ^
I also have to wonder if/when we'll see AS jump into CVG or any of the Ohio markets.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Glad to see CVG-SEA going year round or close to it. Now if they'd just make SEA-CVG a daytime departure instead of a redeye that'd be awesome (albeit, I know that's likely unrealistic).

Also glad to see overall growth at CVG. WN finally arriving. AA bringing mainline back to DFW in April. UA will also have mainline to ORD, DEN, and SFO. Frontier is expanding at a pretty good pace too. Finally some really good news for CVG. ^
I also have to wonder if/when we'll see AS jump into CVG or any of the Ohio markets.
I would think CMH before CVG, but I could be wrong.

CVG really probably only has space for one more airline. There's not much check-in counter space left, and Concourse A is just about full (DL will not share Concourse B).
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:19 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by 3Cforme

On Delta's cheapest SEA-CLT r/t, MEM is still in the fare rules in spite of no DL SEA-MEM or MEM-SEA flight (in March, anyway).

There's also no MEM-CLT flight and v/v
Old Feb 2, 2017, 3:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme

What do you mean keep telling yourself that? Delta still lists CVG as a hub.

With the recent expansion of Amazon and an upward trend in the Cincinnati business world hopefully we will see CVG-LHR announced.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
What do you mean keep telling yourself that? Delta still lists CVG as a hub.

With the recent expansion of Amazon and an upward trend in the Cincinnati business world hopefully we will see CVG-LHR announced.
Pretty sure he was just questioning the amount of connecting pax, not that it wasn't a hub. Relax. I think it's pretty clear that it is primarily an O&D hub. Many of the flight timings don't even allow you to connect. The schedule is set for the convenience of the O&D flyers, not for connecting passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.