FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at HNL
Thread: Cars at HNL
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2017, 6:32 am
humansoul

Originally Posted by qs933
Alamo's lot at HNL is outside of the airport. Enterprise too. At a macro level, I'm sure cars get mixed between the three, but it's not like the locations where they share the same lot or facility.

A Premium reservation at National will probably get you a 300, Impala, or Taurus, with the occasional Maxima thrown in the mix. The 300 will usually be a "300C" that they set aside from the Exec aisle (Impalas are usually offered as Exec).

They also have Honda Accord LXs and Subaru Legacys in the fleet, which are classified as Premium. I've seen them park the Accords in the Emerald Aisle, so I think they realize that it's not exactly what you'd expect for a Premium reservation.
Thanks for the info. I was aware that Alamo is not on the same lot as National, but figured as sibling companies, they share the fleet in general. I normally rent National due to my Exec Level, but the price was close to $150 more than the Costco rates I got through Alamo.

I guess I'll stick it out and hope for the best.

Originally Posted by Closingracer
I've seen quite alot if nissan Maxima's from 2016 and 2017 model year lately in the fleet at least in nyc. Honestly of all the premium cars I like the Maxima's the most specially in the SV trim. The few kia cadenza I have seen I like as well. The 300c for me I find really uncomfortable with my knee banging on the center stack. The impala I would take of none other was available. If you're Carrying people around than its a good choice but otherwise I would take a maxima or even perhaps the base honda Accord national carries. I would honestly take a Ford fusion titanium over the impala and even perhaps the 300c even if I found the car comfortable.
I've driven the previous Maximas, not the new ones, so this might be worth the pick up if I can get one. Easter Sunday may mean slim pickings or vice-versa and be packed due to the Easter holidays.

300C and Ford Fusion would be my other options too, I'd skip the Accord or Impala. Worst case, for $10 more, I did make a reservation for a mid-size SUV that I can fall back on.