FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Expenses: Dumb Things your Company has Done
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:28 am
gobluetwo

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by djk7
If the only concern is not getting points, then I'd say the issue is pretty minor. If the concern is not getting paid until after the trip, and possibly after the CC bill is due, that's more concerning.

My company was recently bought out, the old company paid for airline tickets on their card, the employees didn't book or pay directly. The new company has us use our personal cards, and then doesn't pay until after the trip is completed. This tends to lead to people waiting until the last minute to buy airline tickets.
I'm actually glad we moved to a corporate Amex card. Sure, I miss out on the points/cashback/whatever of using a personal card, but I no longer have to pay my credit card and wait to be fully reimbursed.

In my case, the card is in my name and will affect my credit if I'm delinquent, but as long as I (or my admin, actually) get my expense reports in on time, the company pays off the balance directly, and reimburses me via direct deposit for any expenses for which I had to use cash or personal card (for those vendors which don't take AmEx - more abroad than in the US).