FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help! Seat assignment in WBC with 18 months old baby.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 12:10 am
IND-to-SEA

Programs: NW, *wood
Originally Posted by flyUAyounger
Actually, as much as I would like to agree with you, if people have the money (or miles), I feel they can do whatever they want... It is without a doubt that it would be most comfortable if the parents were in WBC - obviously they are not going to leave the child in coach, so he or she has to be with them.
It would be perfectly reasonable for NW to ban infants and young children from first/business class. At a minimum, lap babies should be disallowed. Bringing a lap baby into first/business class is like trying to get into a "velvet rope" nightclub while wearing dirty jeans and a NASCAR t-shirt. Seriously tacky.

I don't doubt that the parents will be more comfortable in WBC, but what about the other passengers who don't want their upscale experience ruined by a noisy, grubby, smelly baby? And the infant certainly isn't going to care whether he's in WBC or riding in steerage.

Tomorrow night I'm flying out to SEA, and I'm looking forward to enjoying an adult beverage in the peace and quiet (hopefully) of first class.

See you up front....