FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Denial and Recourse
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:53 pm
chgoeditor
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by c2briggs1
Currently 32. I was under 18 when he had his issues. Between the ages of 10 -16 where he was in and out of jail. Drug issues. He owes no more fines. Has a clear police report - had to get one for his job. He is definitely doing the right thing right now.

But the interviewer didn't ask about him in detail. Just asked who I lived with and I told him. There wasn't any other conversation surrounding it.

You can believe when I got the denial - I asked him if he was straight and if he were behind on anything. He assured me the answer was no.
Drug possession or drug distribution? Even if he was charged with the intent to distribute, that might raise a red flag.

I've had two GE interviews and they never asked about any of my relatives, so the fact they asked about your uncle also raises a red flag that there might be something connected with him that set off alarms.

You know what is funny - given everything that is going on right now - I am going to Dubai in March for a class trip. I was wondering if that had something to do with it.
I doubt it. Dubai isn't on the list of seven countries, and I have a hard time believe the change in administration has had anything to do with GE approvals -- they're focused on keeping others out.

I go out of the country at least 1 a year. Normally to warmer climate places - Mexico, Brazil, Jamaica, Aruba, just to name a few....

I was thinking because I didnt go anywhere in 2016 - I was doing house work so I skipped the yearly trip - and if my travel pattern was a reason but I read others who said they rarely go out of the country and had no issues.
No, it shouldn't have influenced the decision. I'm sure that in some of the 5 years prior to my first application, I only traveled internationally once a year.

Last edited by TWA884; Jan 31, 2017 at 5:06 pm Reason: Fix BB Code