FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Expenses: Dumb Things your Company has Done
Old Jan 31, 2017, 12:02 pm
djk7

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Not going to review 33 pages to see if anyone else has the same, but my company recently instituted a policy where we have to pay all expenses up front using our corporate card, including air travel. I think it's a little Draconian to require us to purchase our own plane tickets on Concur but then say it has to be on the company card only in order to be reimbursable
If this meets your bar for Draconian, reading back a few months of posts in this thread will definitely be a therapeutic exercise and directly contribute to your overall job satisfaction.
Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Actually, in hindsight I do have it good. I deleted my post.
If the only concern is not getting points, then I'd say the issue is pretty minor. If the concern is not getting paid until after the trip, and possibly after the CC bill is due, that's more concerning.

My company was recently bought out, the old company paid for airline tickets on their card, the employees didn't book or pay directly. The new company has us use our personal cards, and then doesn't pay until after the trip is completed. This tends to lead to people waiting until the last minute to buy airline tickets.