FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travelpro Luggage warranty is a joke
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:44 am
am1996

Programs: Amex Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I've got a couple of pieces of Travelpro Platinum 6 and Magna lines, with which I haven't had any problems (other than the poor design of the Travelpro Platinum Magna rollaboard, which causes it to fall when it is expanded, but that's a design and not a durability issue), but I also haven't had to use the Travelpro warranty on any of them. I am now considering buying another piece of luggage and am considering Travelpro Platinum Magna 2, but have run some searches here and see a number of complaints about Travelpro's handling of people's warranty claims.

My question is whether people have had any issues with Travelpro's handling of the Platinum 6 and later warranty claims, which come with the "worry free" warranty that covers airline damage. From the complaints that I've seen thus far, Travelpro is denying warranty claims associated with its Crew line as well as the older Platinum items (older than Platinum 6), none of which came with the "worry free" warranty, such that Travelpro's warranty on those items only covered manufacturing defects.

In other words, is Travelpro's warranty that comes with Platinum 6 and later line (Magna and Magna 2) equivalent to that provided by Briggs & Riley, etc...