Wiki Posts
Search

Travelpro Luggage warranty is a joke

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Travelpro Luggage warranty is a joke

I have a Travelpro Platinum II Rollaboard. The retractable handle stopped functioning.
I called Travelpro customer service and was told that the Lifetime Warranty would not cover this problem and the suitcase was old and if the problem was a result of workmanship or materials, such a problem would have revealed itself in the first couple years of use.
The retraction mechanism in this suitcase utilizes 2 wires to release the handle. These 2 wire have broken in my suitcase. it is a very poor design and Travelpro has since gone to using 2 rods instead.
I believe that this original poor design is the definition of poor workmanship.
While my Rollerboard is an old suitcase at this point, Travelpro's "Lifetime Warranty" is a deceptive practice.
I put a message into the supervisor of Travelpro customer service and i have yet to get a return call back.
Does anyone here have suggestions as how to proceed?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:38 am

Do a search in this forum and I think you'll find plenty of complaints like yours. You might also find some suggestions.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
I searched the posts. I wish I had not bought Travelpro. How can they get away with advertising a Lifetime Warranty?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 4:02 pm

Does anyone know were to find a handle for a Travelpro flight crew bag. The part number is P3104. The customer service at travelpro is beyond unhelpful! As an airline pilot that has purchased several travelpro, I will really have to think about purchasing anything from them again!!
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by nordseth
I searched the posts. I wish I had not bought Travelpro. How can they get away with advertising a Lifetime Warranty?
They claim it is a lifetime limited warranty, not a no matter what one like they used to have. Just like Tumi.

There was/is an official TravelPro presence on this forum, and they used to respond decently to individual complaints. You might want to try a PM to them.

Otherwise, stick with trustworthy brands like Red Oxx, B&R and (for the first 5 years) Rimowa.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Same issue here. The handle broke off, which is a common issue on the Crew 8 22" rollaboarder. They refused to replace. Said it was not their fault. I did end up just ordering a handle from them for $30 and will install it myself when it arrives. But no more Travelpro for me. My next bag will be B&R. They really do stand behind their warranty.

Shame on Travelpro for ignoring their obligation for lifetime warranty.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I've got a couple of pieces of Travelpro Platinum 6 and Magna lines, with which I haven't had any problems (other than the poor design of the Travelpro Platinum Magna rollaboard, which causes it to fall when it is expanded, but that's a design and not a durability issue), but I also haven't had to use the Travelpro warranty on any of them. I am now considering buying another piece of luggage and am considering Travelpro Platinum Magna 2, but have run some searches here and see a number of complaints about Travelpro's handling of people's warranty claims.

My question is whether people have had any issues with Travelpro's handling of the Platinum 6 and later warranty claims, which come with the "worry free" warranty that covers airline damage. From the complaints that I've seen thus far, Travelpro is denying warranty claims associated with its Crew line as well as the older Platinum items (older than Platinum 6), none of which came with the "worry free" warranty, such that Travelpro's warranty on those items only covered manufacturing defects.

In other words, is Travelpro's warranty that comes with Platinum 6 and later line (Magna and Magna 2) equivalent to that provided by Briggs & Riley, etc...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.