FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Executive orders banning entry to US ... [merged threads]
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:56 am
lonelycrowd

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
Originally Posted by invisible
Do I understand correctly that current efforts are mainly focused to allow LPRs (lawful permanent residents, AKA green card holders) from these seven countries back to US, but for others with ordinary visas have no chance to be admitted to US?
Sadly, this is my understanding of the state of affairs at this moment. The Massachusetts injunction early Sunday morning seemed to me to unambiguously permit the landing of IV and NIV holders at Logan, but my understanding is that either CBP is disregarding that ruling or ICTS/IAP et al have enough doubts about its validity that they are disregarding it for whatever reason. Maybe everyone is just waiting for Timatic or some other third party to validate it?

If I were a billionaire, or indeed simply very rich, I'd seriously consider chartering a jet full of refugees (and invite a few journalists along for the ride) to one of the general aviation airports served by CBP on Massachusetts soil right now.