FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:57 am
Immortalist

Programs: HH Diamond, RC Platinum, SPG Platinum, SA Silver, OW Ruby, TSA Pre-Check
Okay, reporting live from Conrad HKG on Jan 29th here.

So, I decided to stay at Conrad HKG after all in spite of the EL being moved to Lobby Lounge. To their credit, they really did try to accommodate and offered a lot more service and products for their diamond members due to this move to the lobby. In some ways, I feel bad for the staffs because they did seem pretty overwhelmed with the sheer volume of traffic for Chinese New Year. With that being said, their food and drinks offerings were definitely wider in range than usual, with the offering of a full scale buffet and afternoon tea option (in addition to alcoholic drinks not on the regular menu - i.e. Martini, rose, etc, you just need to ask).

Now, while you don't get the view from 59th floor due to the Executive Lounge being temporarily moved downstairs, you may feel slightly better about the fact that weather condition tonight prevents you from seeing much of the fireworks anyway. I know that for a fact because I was given an extremely high floor harbor view and with the haze and fog, much of the spectacular fireworks were hidden from view anyway. Thank goodness they comp me a free bottle of Shiraz and Champagne.

Last edited by Immortalist; Jan 29, 2017 at 8:24 pm