FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Google Pixel just died...
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2017, 8:53 pm
murtaza12

Originally Posted by trueblu
My Pixel just died whilst using it. Looks completely bricked. Quick google search suggests a few isolated cases only.

I bought in late October and had no problems with it. Earlier today, I did drop it (?coincidence -- and not too bad a drop, v. v. minor side scratch only), but the phone was completely fine for the next 6+hours as far I could tell.

Any insights/ suggestions?

tb

PS I have tried to do the power/ volume down reset etc to no avail.
I thought my HTC One M9 was dead as well, similar situation. Wasn't responding to anything, not even a charger.
Anyway, I was awake the entire weekend trying to get it to work, and I found one guy saying that the phone won't respond to the power + volume down combo, but it requires you to hold ALL the buttons on the device at the same time, for a fairly long time. Maybe 30 seconds or more, depends when the screen lights up.

I was holding all the buttons on the M9, about 20 seconds in, I thought I was just hurting my fingers and nothing was going to work, and a few seconds later, it vibrated and the screen turned on.
Worked perfectly after that.

If this doesn't work for you, then unfortunately the only way to go about it, is a replacement.