FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion: Create China-based Airlines forum
Old Jan 26, 2017, 8:28 am
Prospero
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IIRC during the previous discussion on this issue, the passionate participants in the China destination forum were very much against this. They favored how the China forum on FT has evolved.
I read through the historical TalkBoard Topics threads, kindly linked above by Kagehitokiri and with the discussion still fresh in my mind, I have to say my reading is very different from your own. Back in 2013, there was a wide range of views/opinions expressed by members both for and against the suggestion of creating a new forum for China-based airlines and its quite a stretch to say the passionate participants in the China destination forum were very much against this.

from my reading, the main historical points of discussion were
- implications on the Other Asian Airlines forum if discussion of China airlines moved out
- some members prefer to follow China airlines threads alongside other Asia airlines and may not benefit from the separation
- lots of discussion about Taipei, nomenclature, and cultural sensitivities

One thing is clear, FT discussion of China airlines has clearly grown since the proposal was last looked at by TalkBoard. I’ll try to pull together more recent stats during the next day or two.