FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Invitation to dine with John Travolta
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2004, 9:05 pm
QF WP

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Question Further information

Sounds like QFF didn't really have the plans firmly in place with QF Box Office for this event when I rang this afternoon.

Spoke to the person who is organising the BNE event and he mentioned that the top 100 QFF's from each State had been invited by QFF by bulk email and QF Box Office have their own list. I'm surprised that I made the top 100!! Had no idea I flew that much last year!!!

He has sent me the following email (snipped where applicable):

"As part of Qantas' Sharing The Spirit Community initiative, we would like to invite you and a partner to a special event with John Travolta that we are planning for a select group of Frequent Flyer customers. The event is a black tie Gala Dinner with John Travolta, whom is a special ambassador for Qantas, which is being held on (date snipped) at the (place snipped). The event is being offered to the top frequent flyers in Brisbane and their spouse/partner.

The exact format of the eveing is being planned to ensure Mr Travolta will circulate throughout the evening as much as possible, but will include a 3-course meal and entertainment. Part of the funds raised on the evening will go towards CARE Australia, and the cost of the ticket per couple is $500. As we are limiting this invitation to 100 of our frequent flyers, we will need your booking to secure your place as soon as possible. Upon booking, finalised details outlining the exact format of the evening will be sent out with the Entree Card. This will be sent approximately one week prior to the event. Final parking details for the evening are still to be confirmed, but travel by Taxi is advised, as parking will be limited."

He also sent me a booking form (that wasn't attached to the first email) that has all the relevant details about the event.

NM, I mentiond you to him so he has taken your details. Hope your email address is up-to-date! Seems that they have been having some trouble with top 100 FF's not having email addresses, so they are resorting to ringing them. He took my comments about the poor quality/lack of format, etc.

Dave Noble, I'll mention him to you when I confirm our seats.

Any other top Plats that didn't get one who REALLY want to go?