FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:22 pm
PremExecSNA

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
ic berlin

Intercontinental Berlin

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very!

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a standard room on Advance Purchase rate, upgraded to a Junior Suite with Club Access in old wing. Asked for a downgrade to Deluxe Club in new wing on Club floor and received same. As reported in an earlier review, the check in agent made it a point to remind me of the two category upgrade policy effective January 1. In the future, I'd have to book a Deluxe Room to receive a Junior Suite.

How are the rooms?
There are two buildings in this IC, the old original and the newer wing with the Club Lounge. The Junior Suites in the original building have remnants of the old IC design (blond, burled wood doors, round brass door knobs, bathroom tiles against the renovated plumbing. The Junior Suite felt lifeless and cold. Hard to put my finger on it, but it didn't flow. Carpets looked a little rough and possibly stained.

The Deluxe Suite Club Floor, is a sleek modern design with heated floors in the bathroom, a full soaking tub, and a walk in shower. All the amenities in the rooms were nice and pleasant. Nice view of the nearby skyline. It had plenty of room and a sitting area which was plenty for one person.

How is the exec. lounge?
The Exec Lounge was nice and the staff were very accommodating. They have made to order eggs in the morning and a limited continental breakfast selection. No mid day food service, but late afternoon tea. The evening food offering consisted of a section of cheeses and condiments, vegetables, and a selection of three hot and three cold canapés. The quality was very high, and the chef worked back in the club kitchen to make these items.

Two kinds of sparkling: Nicholas Feullette Champagne and a nice Trocken from Germany. A variety of red and white wines to suit most palates. Usual liquor selection.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Box of Chocolates and fruit bowl along with water replenished each day. These were the big water bottles, not the usual small ones offered as a gift.
How was the minibar?

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Overall the IC is a great option in Berlin. Starting with easy access from TXL via the X9 and 109 Buses to Zoological Garden, you can transfer to the 200 bus which stops right in front of the hotel and takes you to virtually every tourist area downtown.
Useable gym area although a little small and missing modern amenities such as foam rollers and medicine balls. Beautiful pool which was closed for renovation while I was there. The alternate offering at the Scwizerhof across the street was a hassle and not really worth the schlep in the winter.
The rooms are nice and modern and the Club Lounge is one of the best.

-Bad
Not really anything other than the closed pool.
I thought the Concierge was a little snerdy, which I've noticed in the past.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Excellent

Would you return?
Yes, I always enjoy visiting the IC Berlin.