FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA 'Mixed Fleet' cabin crew dispute [agreement reached]
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:32 am
jonas123

Originally Posted by MPH1980
I have to say - I have been impressed with the way BA management have handled this in terms of minimising the opportunities for press engagement. It's smart.

To be clear - I'm not taking away from Mixed Fleet's situation here which I have full sympathy with, but from a purely management perspective - it's been impressive how BA have covered it up.

The thing I'm failing to understand is: BA appear exceptionally capable at covering a 10-20% loss in service (or at least making it seem so). Yet they appear completely incapable of (for example) - putting out new boarding procedures, rolling out Buy on Board competently, rollout out a new computer system.

How is it an operation that can change with (effectively) 7 days notice like that fail to do organisational changes?

And for Mixed Fleet - please keep it up - you're not being compensated appropriately for the jobs you do.
The biggest win for BA here is they now know they can operate flights with fewer crew members (even most cost saving! )

I think BA operationally are very experienced - when a solution has to be found, they're normally quite good at doing it. However when a decision needs to be made over a non-operational matter, the layers of middle-management tend to disrupt that flow