FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SLH Members - Share your experience
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:11 pm
submonte

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Fine SLH suites hotel for business and holiday stays

Check In Booked Deluxe Suite as SLH Loved member. SLH Club Manager from London called hotel before to ensure club benefits as system problems on SLH account appeared.I arrived some minutes after 7 pm (announced by phone I will arrive that time around). Reception desk in the historic building. Lady was prepared, explained hotel to me, where to go dining in the old city, calming me down (thank you) telling me I am stressed out (she was right). Some pictures enclosed of next morning show historic building public areas where reception and breakfast room is also located. Room No. 4 in the back building (I think they name it Garden Villa). Upgraded to Junior Suite. Sofa, round dinner table, seperate bedroom with TV, bathroom entrance from bedroom, seperated WC in bathroomBath tube with shower (not seperate), Bronnley England cosmetics. Black cupboard in the entrance floor is a complete kitchen. Room with front view to river Neckar, Heidelberg old town, castle. Got a big bottle of mineral water and macarons. Mini bar contains half a bottle of Roederer champagne (not complementary). Service I was really sorry this time for my typical stay scheme - arriving late and leaving early - to not enjoy the service further. The service team of this hotel for sure is hand-picked by the owner himself. The taxi to Sixt office Heidelberg was ordered within 10 seconds by one of the two ladies at checkout, the other one offered me a bottle of mineral water, I refused first, but she asked nicely again, and I could not refuse anymore. Dining I had breakfast which was included in the rate. Everything you need they have, you get every kind of eggs or omelettes you want, two tidy waitresses serve the guests. Cozy small tasteful decorated breakfast room styled as a library at home. So relaxing, and different from my many stays at the mainstream chain hotels (which successfully shaped my defininition of luxury hotels in their way), that I nearly forgot I was on a business trip and not on holidays.A dining option is not offered by the hotel in January, as their restaurant is on a boat and operates only Feb-Dec. Next time I will try it. It is named PATRIA and normally located in front of the hotel (over the street) at the Neckar river I understand.www.heidelbergsuites.com/patria/enThere are a lot of dining options opposite the hotel on the other side of the Neckar river. Just go to the bridge left, cross the river, and you are in Heidelberg old town with lots of different restaurants, all kind of food. Ask the hotel or consult your tripadvisor app on your tablet/smartphone. Location The location is Heidelberg city which is next to Mannheim and 1h to Frankfurt/Main or Wiesbaden by car. Hotel is perfectly located at Neckar river opposite old town and castle. Overall A fine luxury boutique hotel (member of Small Luxury Hotels group) with select service staff, rooms (=suites) for longer stays incl. kitchen, cozy and stylish decorated by famous Italian designer Michele Bonan and Hütter family (JK Place Capri and others), in picturesque Heidelberg old town area. They also offer serviced apartements for long time stays in an annex building.http://www.heidelbergsuites.comwww.h...comwww.slh.com