FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - X, T and U class do not qualify for Avios in AerClub
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:10 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Thanks!! Booked on EI but I'd prefer to credit to BAEC. I'm hoping (though seems unlikely) that by the time I fly in Nov, EI will earn tier points on BAEC
There is no chance that EI will be earning TP within BAEC by then.

EI has been an IAG airline for well over a year now. They could have made EI a full BAEC partner by now. Every milestone that has passed - buying the airline, rolling out full codesharing acrosss EI and BA, converting EI over to Avios, etc - has passed without any change. They are clearly at this stage waiting til the last available moment to do so - i.e. re-integration into Oneworld, which we had guesstimated would not happen before March of next year.

(Compare this with the rush to implement Qatar as an earning parnter in BAEC. They added Qatar as a full Avios/Tier Point earning partner even before they were formally admitted into oneworld - admittedly, it was only a few weeks before, but it still displayed an eagerness to have them onboard [anyone else would say - let's just wait the two weeks til they are formally in oneworld - particularly as there was a fare-class rejig going on and BAEC had to change the earning table only a few weeks after they were added as partners]. So the only reason they haven't similarly added EI as a full earning partner is because - they don't want to, for some reason. When EI is back in oneworld, they will HAVE to add them as a full earning partner).

Given how badly a "simple" change in FFP has been handled, I don't think their IT gurus will be in any fit state to handle an alliance re-integration on that timescale. The AerClub launch was delayed by as much as....was it a year?...so I think we can sit back and wait for at least another year, probably longer...

I, too, have been anxiously waiting for EI to be fully integrated in to BAEC earning. Would make retaining status with BA so much easier!