FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The QR week(end) HND/NRT travel thread (2017)
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:17 pm
mrploddy

Programs: SAS Eurobonus - Blue / Emirates Skywards - Blue
Originally Posted by phoneticduck
There is of course the JAL Oneworld "visit japan" fare which offers significantly cheaper fares and are bookable right now thru November 2017 & I think into December. Basically it's 10,800 yen per sector fixed price.

Providing you have a oneworld alliance international ticket to/from Japan, JAL will allow you to book these fares now.

I looked at Hiroshima (randomly) and was offered £142 per person return in economy.

Much as I want to ride on the Shinkansen, for a short visit to Japan it still takes too long for longer trips vs flying (Hiroshima admittedly it is about the same allowing for airport time etc.) but for my trip I liked the fact I'd fly back to HND and avoid going back into Tokyo and the associated faffing around....for less than the cost of a JR Pass.....not sure where I'll go but Nagasaki or Okinawa are part of my research at present.
For Hiroshima you do also have the option of IBEX (first time I have heard of this LCC) who offer flights to NRT / ITM

http://www.ibexair.co.jp/index.html