FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS | EuroBonus Gold (EBG) [Experiences and Discussions]
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:49 am
Jainzar

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by CommutingATC
Hi fellow FF'ers.

I am seeking advice on how to get my hands on a SAS Eurobonus Gold card.

Currently SAS Silver, I fly 4-5 oneway trips ( segments) a month, mainly on the CPH-DUS route.

In the past I have used AB and SAS roughly 50/50, but for the upcoming summer schedule, my prefered departures have been either canceled or moved forward by 1,5 hours, no longer making it feasible, if I am to come to work on time.

So I am planning switching to an all out SAS strategy, and use their earlier departures. This is where my quest for Gold comes in.

Should I just wait it out, and hopefully reach Gold sometimes in December ( 45 segments, since I have no chance qualifying on miles)? Flying Plus is out of reach, financially
I don't know.
Should I do a hardcore segment run, flying maybe 6 segments a day, if a good offer comes up.? Will the price for this, even be worth it?
When you have a very cheap ticket it costs usually around 30€ so buying 45 of them will cost you 1350€ plus the time spent flying. Is it worth it? I personally don't see much sense in a segment run when you need many segments still.
Should I make friends with a Diamond member, and pursuade him or her to donate a Gold card to me?
That is probably the cheapest and quickest option if you have one at hand.
Any advice appriciated, since I am tired of standing in line in the security, especially during the summer rush, and paying for lousy coffee. Not that the lounge coffee is much better, but my favorite meal, is free food...

Thanks,

CommutingATC

PS: My qualifying period begins 1. Mar .17,
Actually during 6 weeks in summer you can enjoy SAS Fast Track in CPH even with your silver card. And lounge access can be bought. Maybe a Priority Pass with unlimited visits would help.