FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:55 am
guy44134

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
One of the new-style AA podiums has been sitting against the wall at the Low C gates (C5 or C7 maybe) since around the time of the RNC... It's been shifted slightly and is no longer covered in plastic wrap but no other signs of movement (jetways, other podiums, technology [computer monitors, etc] on the podium that is there]) so my guess is "Yes, but they're in no hurry".

For my own selfish purposes I hope AA moves to C -- based on the number of times lately UA has had to put me on AA because they can't get their...stuff...together if AA were on C, I could at least make use of the UC when that happens.
From an airport source: American is still planning on moving to C, but there is no firm timetable for the move; perhaps the second quarter. This move will make C the busiest concourse again, and A the least busy.

Also, there is now an Allegiant sign above the ticket counters used for charter flights (next to Delta). Allegiant will you common-use gates on A. Not sure of their baggage claim.

Also, the new Director of Port Control, Robert Kennedy, was announced and immediately sworn in on 1/10/17. He comes via ATL. Anyone have any information on him?

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...onsultant.html