FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ flight changed to Silk Air - *A Gold benefits?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:02 pm
Sydfly

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Originally Posted by dfs24
I believe one of the 2 daily flights are still operated by SQ. Perhaps ask for a switch to that.

You could try to get them to honour *G benefits on an MI flight. Never tried so I don't know what your chances are. But even if they honour in writing, I would expect a lot of resistance on the ground, because hardly anyone does that.

Think I read somewhere MI C now come with SilverKris access. Someone else can verify. You're right about the seats, IFE and food onboard.
Problem is that the other flight would leave late in the evening and arrive in Male without a possible connecting sea plane. If SQ pays for hotel in Male airport that could be a possibility but I would also loose my first night of holiday accommodation that was pre-booked. On the way back the SQ flight is an overnight flight which again would mean I either loose my last holiday night or I would loose my pre-booked night in Singapore. Either way, SQ would have to compensate us for those nights somehow and I think it would be much easier granting *Gold benefits.

So I guess I would need to lodge a formal complaint/request to SQ. Is there a particular email address where you don't just get a monkey response?