FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should I get the Citi Prestige to complement Chase Sapphire Reserve?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:28 am
patrick.barnes

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by choff5507
So, I recently got a Sapphire Reserve card which is my only credit card currently. I have been considering another card to complement this card and for different benefits and also to begin to diversify my spending for value on different airlines.

I also would like to take a trip to Australia/New Zealand this next year and fly business or first class there and back.

It seems that Thank You points could be used on 3 airlines for this, Eithad, Emirates and Quantas.

Im also curious if you can transfer to additional airlines that are members of the same alliances as the partners that you can transfer points to?

The main reason why I was considering the Prestige was the fact that it has the 4th night free which seems by itself to completely cover the AF. All the other benefits don't seem that interesting or I already get with my CSR.

I have also been considering getting the SPG Amex since I hear good things about that also. Id like to know what others think.
I carry all 3 cards. My primary use of TYP is SQ or Flying Blue redemptions. Qantas points are worthless.

MC also have better exchange rates for a lot of currency pairs.

My last trip to Sydney was a SQ Suites award there, and a Virgin Australia business award back (through Delta via a MR transfer).

My next trip will be in UA F award SFO-AKL and back via UR points.