FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any way to find your Spending Limit on Chase?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:06 pm
adam61

Any way to find your Spending Limit on Chase?

I have a Chase Freedom and Sapphire Reserve, and wondered if they worked similar to other high limit cards where your spending limit is a completely different number from your credit limit. It seems like they don't make this very clear and when I called Chase she said your credit limit is 30k you can't spend more than that.

However, I've found on both Citi AAdvantage and Capital One Quicksilver I got similar answers when I called, but this was not true. The cards have a "credit limit" which is the most you can carry month-to-month, and a hidden spending limit which is the most they are comfortable with you putting on the card. For example I was told my Cap One QS card with a 20k limit would decline any purchases over 20k, but put 38k on the card and didn't even get a simple phone call, the bill was almost 19k at the end of the month though as I can only carry 20k per month as a credit balance.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I have some very large expenses over the next 45 days and wanted the points, but since most card companies act like or just don't know what your real spending limit is, I'm not sure how to find out.