FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JAL Intra-Japan earning change?
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:35 pm
flyaow

Programs: AA 1MM, Delta Gold, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
JAL Intra-Japan earning change?

Apparently the Alaska Airlines website partner information for JAL (https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-airlines.aspx) has a mistake/oversight for Intra-Japan flights.

The website states that J class should receive 100% base, 25% COS, and 100% additional bonus after December 19, 2016.

The details state:

"Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by Japan Airlines. Eligible flight numbers 0001–8999...Mileage earned is based on a percentage of actual flight miles flown, with 500 minimum miles on flights shorter than 500 miles."
Had two recent intra-Japan flights in J class. Their flight numbers are within that range and they posted with 500 base miles and a 10% COS instead of 25%. There also was no 100% additional bonus. So the total (before MVP bonuses) was 110% for 550 total instead of 1125. The international flights in business posted correctly at 225% before MVP bonuses. But the intra-Japan ones are stuck at only 10%. Apparently, after checking, I was told the website is incorrect.

To give them credit they posted the bonus miles as the website promises, but just was curious if others have found this issue too and if it is a permanent change which likely is to be updated on the website?

I note that AA also differentiates on their intra-Japan JAL credits, and makes that clear on their webpage: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...n-airlines.jsp where they also mention that
"JL flights 53 and 54 between Tokyo Narita (NRT) and Nagoya (NGO), and flights 51 and 52 between NRT and Osaka Kansai (KIX) are considered international flights for the purpose of mileage accrual."
I wonder if that same exception is in the contract with AS too?!?!?