FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mendoza - Wine Based Trip- Where to Stay?-May 2017 (Auberge Au Vin)
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:26 am
Marambio

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by iceblueshoes
So my new wild idea for the day is to take the bus from Buenos Aires to Montevideo and from there fly onwards to Santiago.

Still crazy? lol
This is dependent on being able to get an overnight bus, but this brings me to my next questions, how are the highways in late May generally?
Did you check the Buquebus ferries? They're usually reasonable price and it's 3 hours vs. 12 on the road. I've never been on a bus to Montevideo but drove there many times. Other than peak summer (around this time of the year) there is not much traffic. From Montevideo to the border it's a single lane road which slows everything down a bit. From the border to Buenos Aires is a motorway, so the buses usually go at their maximum allowed speed.

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
If money isn't an issue staying at The Vines is a must, we went for dinner and were floored by the views and service just at the winery and restaurant, would stay next time.
+1. With Madame we went for lunch last year and they willingly showed us some of the rooms. What we saw and the service at the restaurant made us think it's possibly one of the best hotels in the whole of South America.

Last edited by Marambio; Jan 12, 2017 at 8:31 am