FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do I make / making AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK? (master thread
Old Jan 8, 2017, 3:03 am
unitedhandcuffs

Programs: UA GS/MM, Marriott TE, National EE, Global Entry/TSA-Pre, APEC BTC
Originally Posted by JonNYC
You're both correct.

And while this is -not- the formula for member profitability, it hints at it obliquely; one could more accurately figure out where one "fits" in the hierarchy vs. a co-worker or whatever by calculating how much they spent for the year divided by # of miles flown, except then expressed as a 3-4 figure number, ie. "moderately profitable = $500"
Jon, so if you had to guess at the CK criteria, what would it be? You seem the most knowledgeable here. Over on the UA message boards, the community seems a lot more sophisticated in their pursuit of this unknown criteria/formula with discussions on profitability metrics (CPM = cents per mile based off BIS miles) and location weighting (hubs needing more $s to get in top %), but when you log everyone's stats together you will always find outliers so the conclusion has ended after a few years back to 'spend more than $40k on UA metal flights and you may qualify for GS, more than $50k and you'll most likely qualify, more than $60k and you will qualify'. Any chance you could boil down CK criteria to something similar? Reason I ask is that i will spend ~$100k on flights this year so would be interested to diversify and attain both GS and CK, but not that interested to diversify and then have nothing to show for it due to misunderstanding the criteria.

Last edited by unitedhandcuffs; Jan 8, 2017 at 3:45 am