FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong versus IC Grand Stanford comparison
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:37 am
nicolas75
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by FlyDUS
Hi all,

I found this thread which seems very valuable to me. I must say that I am still very new to IC hotels as they do not fall into my travel policy but I am now planning a private trip and I might find some value in buying Ambassador. So maybe you can help me with some advice?

I will be with 2 friends in HK from Thu to Sa. Would those 2 days qualify to redeem the weekend certificate? Can I book a room for 3 persons (maybe with a rollaway bed) and will still get a room upgrade + the 2nd night free? Our idea would be that we have the nights in HK in a very nice room, ideally good / big enough to accomodate 3 persons with nice harbour views. This will be the last days of our tour, so it can be spectacular :-) Would you have and idea how we can best make use of Ambassador status for this?

BTW Haven't bought Ambassador yet but would consider that if it gets me enough value (but I believe it would in KH if I could use the weekend certificate). Any help and ideas are appreciated!

Thanks
FlyDUS
1. Friday night is indeed valid for Weekend Certificate. Please remind that rates to be used with certificate are generally as high as flexible rates.

2. Have you checked if suites accept 3 adults in the same room?

Not quite sure for example that it is possible in the suite I generally have at IC HKG

3. Depending on your status, Crowne Plaza Causeway Bay or Indigo might be a better choice (even if not quite sure again that 3 adults could stay at some rooms).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26837923-post132.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...l#post26933730

Last edited by nicolas75; Jan 7, 2017 at 11:45 am