FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do I make / making AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK? (master thread
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:15 am
ttusqrl

Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by prw555
Good for you. Me ; 370k EQM - $55k spend and all in J and F. 2015 was $63k. Selection criteria now that formalized needs to be published. Moot point for me as moved all biz to CX next year as AA have a demonstrated inability to offer a relaible ex US to HKG service, regardless of DFW or LAX departure points.

Anddddd - I'll let 18 2016 SWU expire and 8 for 2017. They are worthless. I'd rather book J in advance and save, versus a SWU going down to 30 minutes before departure and not clearing. Then having to book last minute J. SWU = system wide unpromised. Agree was never promised but how are they ever a benefit when so scarce. Kudos CX for bailing me on AA fails in 2016
No offense, but I can understand why you aren't getting CK. Everyone talks about high EQMs being a good thing. I say otherwise; low EQM and high spend is better. I know this gets confusing with the way EQM is calculated now that EQP isn't around, so perhaps segments would be a better example and actual miles rather then EQM. With that disclaimer out of the way, I'll issue a fairly hazy example of my thought process (knowing it's not 100% accurate):

I had 124k EQM and ~$50k spend and I still got issued a challenge. Think about it, that's 2.48EQM/penny. Your ratio is 6.72EQM/penny. That means you are 2.7x more expensive than I am even though we have to figure in the way EQM are calculated.

In other words, AA's profit/margin calculation is more complex like has been stated on this thread multiple times.