FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ongoing offers for Delta American Express cards
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:07 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by NYCNorm
I've seen scattered reports over the last few years that seem to indicate that Amex has offered targeted MQM bonuses to upgrade from the Platinum to Reserve Delta cards. Amex confirmed that they have made upgrade offers between these two cards, but wouldn't say more about frequency or how broad they are targeted. Can anyone confirm they've received an upgrade bonus offer for going DL Plat to Reserve in the last few years? If so, what was the offer?
I upgraded Plat to Reserve in 2015. IIRC it was minor, something like 5k MQM, which at the time was simply the difference between the publicly available initial signup bonuses between the two cards. In other words, Amex basically made up the difference as if I had signed up for the Reserve from day 1.

Originally Posted by schwimmair
Hey y'all could use some expert help please.

I got the Amex DL Platinum card and am working through the minimum spend and want to make sure my MQM's post for 2017 not 2016.

My statement closing date is January 12th, if I complete my spend between January 1-12, 2017, will MQM's post for 2016 or 2017 please.

Thanks and happy new years to all!
Originally Posted by WWads
It's based on the date of purchase. Purchases made up until 11:59 tonight will count for 2016. Purchases made after 12:00 will count for 2017.
This might depend. schwimmair mentions a "minimum spend" which makes me think that he/she may be trying to meet the spend for an initial signup bonus. If that's the case, those usually post after the closing date of the statement period in which the minimum spend is hit, and if the closing date is 1/12, I wouldn't be surprised if the MQMs credited to 2017 when the post.