FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Five Back Visa Card(2017)
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:37 am
gnomey

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
I've read several comments in this thread that suggest that the 5% is posted manually. In this age of computers and automation, I have trouble understanding that. I would think that a big corporation would automate a task such as this. It would seem expensive to have human reps manually making the adjustment and also much more prone to error. (Then again, I have also seen a few posts from people who claimed to get 5% back twice. So maybe there are humans involved in the process?)
i dont think the extra bonus deal is happening anymore. the bug has been fixed. but back when it happened, to the best of my knowledge, it happened without any human intervention.

but of course there are some who took advantage of this phenomenon and then try to get the bonus deal... by calling in before the automated CB supposed to post. i dont know if that actually works to their favor or not since i personally didnt do that.

you would think all these are automated, which i believe they are, but there are many cases where one uses 4 cards consecutively, in the same manner (debit or credit), and yet, only a subset of these cards receive the CB. i dont think anybody understands why. something is screwy abt the CB system