FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seoul Westin Chosun or Sheraton D-Cube
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:09 am
FlyerBeek

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Canada101
FlyerBeek: What do you mean by "Not including the aLoft Gangnam"? Just wondering as I'm debating between the Sheraton Seoul Palace Gangnam Hotel and the aLoft Gangnam for an upcoming stay. I've seen the generally poor reviews for the Sheraton Seoul Palace but am interested in any comments about location. Thanks!
My comment wasn't intended to pass judgement on the Aloft Gangnam (I've never stayed there); I was just trying to compare the Seoul SPG properties I have stayed at (everywhere but the two in Gangnam). I believe the Sheraton Gangnam is relatively new, and I'd have to think you'd have a more full-service experience there (lounge access, potential suite upgrade, nicer facilities). If you absolutely need to be in Gangnam and stay in an SPG property, I would venture to say the Sheraton would be your best option.

In general, I typically try to avoid Aloft properties since they are really not full-service hotels (although any Aloft in Asia is going to be far better than those in the U.S. Which are quite cookie-cutter an minimalistic).
-FlyerBeek