FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Five Back Visa Card(2017)
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:09 am
tbradnc

Originally Posted by Happy
Huh? So Blackhawk would blacklist you ? blacklist your credit cards?

Really dont get the logic but whatever.
We're not going to agree on how to best handle these cards so let's just disagree without being disagreeable going forward, ok? I'm just stating what I think and I don't have any need to be right. We both profit from our activities and that's all that matters, even if we have different philosophies.

I think that people calling and reading the 603 numbers from dozens of cards that need 5% manually credited for single $500 transactions at CVS done within minutes of each other, $2k at a time, for consecutive days, from cards activated in the same batch shines a big spotlight on what we're doing. So no, I'm not worried about getting blacklisted personally - I'm concerned about raising attention to what we're doing as a whole.

To clear up past misunderstandings: I've never said not to call. I suggested waiting a week and then calling. If nothing else, it shows you've given them more than enough time past the stated 48 hours and gives them fewer reasons to not want to help you. I mean what cah they say? You've waited a week, the website says 48 hours, clearly there is a problem.

I'm sitting on $10k that are waiting on 5% to be credited to the card. The oldest is a around a week and the newest are just past 48 hours.

Am I right about all this? I have no idea, but this is how I'm going to handle it. The evolving situation looks like everyone will get their 5% but getting is not going to be as smooth as the marketing material says... My crystal ball is cloudy but I think at some point gift cards will be excluded from 5% cash back. I'm just hoping if that happens it won't be retroactive.

Last edited by tbradnc; Jan 4, 2017 at 6:18 am Reason: typos and grammar