FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA 'Mixed Fleet' cabin crew dispute [agreement reached]
Old Jan 4, 2017, 4:40 am
Tafflyer

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I don't want us to go OT as the thread has an important topic and I'm one of those supporting MF and certainly not wanting them to be replaced, but I really think that's plainly wrong. Have you flown on Ryanair? Most of their staff speak perfect English (technically perhaps better than many natives) and they are of excellent quality and skills too. BA itself has plenty of Central European crew members, again, their language skills cannot be faulted and they are certainly not any less good than their counterparts from Britain or any other country. And of course, most of our restaurants and bars in London have been mostly hiring Central European waiting staff for years, and again they are excellent and speak excellent English, as are the colleagues many of us have in nearly every possible professional area.
Well said, and as a Brit who has been welcomed working in multiple EU countries even when my language skills were initially severely lacking I find such dross as being spewed out as part of the Brexit debate extremely offensive.

I have never encountered CC on any airline from any nation which could not speak perfectly respectable English. Indeed as already mentioned, sometimes it is of such a level that it can put some "natives" to shame.