FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Polaris In-flight Experiences
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:56 pm
kanari

Programs: ANA, UA
Long-time FT lurker, first time poster.
I flew Polaris service today on the TPE-SFO route. I was assigned a seat in Business Class at the gate due to late booking (2 days before flight) and once seated with a drink in hand on board, there was some confusion about another pax who was supposedly assigned my seat. The FA (purser, maybe) nastily demanded I show my ticket which was in my luggage in the overhead bin. When I notified her it was stowed she snapped "well you'll just have to get it out, won't you?"

I had planned to show her my seat assignment in the United app, but oh well..
After verifying that I was indeed supposed to be sitting in the seat I had been in for 20 minutes, she started berating the other passenger instead of apologizing for the gate staff's mistake.

Definitely a rude awakening after flying F/J on KAL in the kosmo suites.

All that said, the slippers are maybe the best I've had on any airline. I never keep anything from the plane but this is an exception. Very comfortable, soft, and warm!
b
As far as the meal service goes, it was middling and I didn't notice a large improvement in the food quality, but they at least make a semblance of trying to refill your drinks during the service. The champagne quality in flight has definitely gone way up from whatever 'sparkling wine' they were serving before.

I think the soft product is good, bring on the new seats and maybe some younger FAs that don't hate the passengers!