FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Polaris In-flight Experiences
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:55 pm
Wx4caster

Originally Posted by tuolumne
It was gauche, I'll give you that. I don't think I've ever been in the FT hot seat, and damn is it hot! Can I do my best HRC debate "WHew" shimmy shimmy? I apologize to anyone I offended; I did not consider it stealing, and I certainly wouldn't want to put my partner on the receiving end of any sort of backlash from the crew if I had thought that's what the result would be.

I have/would never take headphones, cutlery, etc. I did bring up wine, because FAs do routineyly give away full bottles of wine, albeit not requested in an overt way from the receiving customer, mostly on p.s. . I always thought that was questionable.

You can rationalize anything, and looking back my thought was I have seen flyers take blankets all the time, in all cabins. I never thought about it until I saw the lovely picture of the white F blanket. Now it's tainted! Thanks FT! Perhaps I should arrange a give-back on my LHR F flight next month??? I'm actually serious.
You weren't the first and certainly won't be the last I do wonder what the cost to UA is for these Saks blankets. I wouldn't want to get "busted" using one on a non-Polaris flight. At the circa-2009 (I think) Continental DO, they handed out swag bags, including a BF blanket, to those of us on the mystery flight. I used it a few weeks later on a MR to MXP and got ceramoniously accused and shamed when I pulled it out of my bag to use. I had to explain to a dubious FA that it truly did belong to me. The same FA was greeting at the boarding door on the return trip the next day - she instantly recognized me and apologized, so I guess in the end it was all good.