FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Five Back Visa Card(2017)
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:40 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tbradnc
No, it's not the same logic at all. It's a bad analogy.

Listen, you do whatever you need to do but I'm telling you - these deals are fragile and impatient people aren't very helpful.

Why can't someone just wait a week? I said above that I've waited 5 days and no one we know of has never gotten their 5%...
I'll leave you to your risk management then. I think it's ridiculous.

Since these cards become available I've ran a (very) small fortune through them and have gotten 5% back 100% of the time, almost never within 48 hours.
Originally Posted by fafa123
Nope. I had a batch that went 10 days and no credit. Called in on 12/29, they opened a case, gave me a reference # and said I'd see the credit in 1-2 business days. Not seen it yet but with the holidays, not sure what counts as a business day. Will give it until Wednesday until I call in again.
I've never had a card take 7 days to get the 5% back so if I wake up tomorrow without getting credit it will be the first time. As I've said, I feel like people should wait a week before calling. That's my opinion. I don't expect that opinion to change, even if I have to call after waiting a week.

I'm doing this specific deal for the cash back. Buying a $500 card with a 2% cash back card covers the $3.95 Simon activation fee and the $4.95 Vanilla at CVS fee, and the MO fee when I've used up all the room on my reloadables. My financial costs are 100% covered at all times so the most I can lose is my time.

If i never see 5% again I've already made a tidy profit and I made it all without the risk losing money. This deal is about as safe as it gets.
Anyone buys these already have earned some type of currency - yours is the cash back, others might be the minimum spend to earn a fat bonus, others may be for certain miles or points which usually beat the cashback by a punch.

The 5B opportunity helps to cover the cost which most would incur anyway for the chosen currency to earn, but it would ONLY cover the cost when the 5% ACTUALLY POSTS. If it does not post, you lose more than your time, your 2% cash back is eaten up by the extra CVS cost... Such simple math.