FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Five Back Visa Card(2017)
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2017, 4:47 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tbradnc
No, it's not the same logic at all. It's a bad analogy.
Listen, you do whatever you need to do but I'm telling you - these deals are fragile and impatient people aren't very helpful.

Why can't someone just wait a week? I said above that I've waited 5 days and no one we know of has never gotten their 5%..
You have not closely followed the thread. Enough of us who had waited long enough at the beginning and finally concluded there was no reason to wait but called once the requisite time had passed. That was way back in Nov.

I'll leave you to your risk management then. I think it's ridiculous.

Since these cards become available I've ran a (very) small fortune through them and have gotten 5% back 100% of the time, almost never within 48 hours.
You just haven't had your turn of the "bad Luck" yet. Probability would catch you sooner or later.

Originally Posted by fafa123
Nope. I had a batch that went 10 days and no credit. Called in on 12/29, they opened a case, gave me a reference # and said I'd see the credit in 1-2 business days. Not seen it yet but with the holidays, not sure what counts as a business day. Will give it until Wednesday until I call in again.
Thank you for providing your experience.

I've got 4 cards ($2k) that'll pass 7 days today - I'll call tomorrow if it doesn't show up overnight.
Oh now you decide it is better to call? Why not keep waiting, since you have made enough to cover everything and then some, so missing that little chump change should not be a concern for you to call - essentially putting yourself into the same camp of people whom you criticize.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 2, 2017 at 4:55 pm