FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 AA Award: Cathay Pacific / CX, KA availability, etc. (master thd)
Old Jan 1, 2017, 6:48 pm
brownie20

Just called AA to ticket an award on Cathay and was told the taxes on a TPE-HKG-BOS coach award was $116.56. Was a little surprised because I don't remember paying over $100 for a one way award before to Asia so I asked the agent to break down the fee. When he got to the $40 award processing fee I asked him what that was and he offered to transfer me to a supervisor for further clarification. Of note I had already asked for a supervisor because he wasn't able to ticket the award - apparently someone had entered the middle and last names as the last name and the agent wasn't able to correct the name and said I needed to pay a change fee in order to have the ticket go through. The supervisor reviewed the fees and when I asked about the $40 award booking fee he said it was the standard but as a one time courtesy he would waive the fee?! I politely stated I thought that Cathay awards were not subject to a phone fee because they can not be booked online. My final fee went down to $76.56 - I think that sounds about right (currently abroad and i don't have my notes on previous bookings with me)? Thank you in advance for any insight!