FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The unexpected wonders of travel (marriage proposals whilst traveling)
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:29 am
Mountlodge

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
The unexpected wonders of travel (marriage proposals whilst traveling)

Well would you adam 'n' eve it: Here I am sitting outside Starbucks on Beach Rd In Pattaya minding my own business reading all the latest gossip and the girl sitting two table to my left has just been proposed to.

It all started with one of the Starbucks crew bringing out a ghetto blaster playing Bryan Adams (everything I do I do it for you) which I thought ...'s going on here. Next thing, this geezer from absolutely nowhere comes up to get, gets down on one knee, shows her the ring and she bursts into tears.

Gotta admit to getting a bit emotional about it all myself.

Anyway, 20 minutes later this guys still on one knee (that cant be comfy but hey, thats love for you) and they're still in close conversation. I'm gaggin to know if she said yes. He hasnt put the ring on her finger yet so maybe there's a bit of resistance.

Well I aint going nowhere till I get an answer. All I will say is if she has said yes then he's one hell of a lucky fella.

Suffice to say I shall keep this open until the result is in.

ML