FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept
Old Dec 26, 2016, 9:45 pm
Andriyko

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
I have no problem with BA going to BOB for Y in Europe. I would have thought they might have made exceptions for GGL or GC or OW Emerald.
I understand your point, however, free food and drinks is not a perk of being a GCH. I would love for it to be one but it is not something that we're getting. U.S. based airlines provide that perk because their top elites do not get lounge access when traveling domestically, while BA's do. IB does not do it while AY does. Perhaps BA thinks that it has other strong reasons for people to choose to fly with it. As I mentioned before, people who want to pay the premium are very welcome to pay it on board without forcing the rest of us to have the cost of food and drink included into the price when we do not want it.

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Those of us purchasing tickets from the UK regions are paying considerably more than we used to for our long haul trips in J and F. Complementary refreshments are part of that fare, you may pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars less for your tickets and enjoy Club Europe to connect to your long haul. We on the other hand get to travel domestic economy for significantly more and now we have to pay for water or other refreshment.

The penny pinching is not just BOB, it's happening throughout the airline and, from my perspective, it's gone too far. It may be good value for you on cheap foreign tickets but those of us paying ever increasing U.K. prices we are certainly not enjoying value.
This thread is about BoB on short haul flights in economy. Those connecting from U.K. regions will be traveling in the Club cabin from March. I do not see a problem here. And, no, I do not pay a few thousand Dollars less to fly Club or First from Kiev. And, quite honestly, I cannot agree that prices from the regions have increased in economy.

Last edited by Andriyko; Dec 26, 2016 at 9:55 pm