FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept
Old Dec 26, 2016, 9:24 pm
elitetraveler
Suspended

Originally Posted by Andriyko
It has been a few months now since BA announced the change, and all those who bought the tickets after the announcement should know perfectly well what to expect.
I still believe that the vast majority of passengers do not care, nor do they even know what 'full service' meant at the time of BA's creation. Especially, since a good proportion of them could not have afforded the prices that BA used to charge at that time.
The point I was responding to wasn't about people "do not care" but addressing your comment that customers "should know perfectly well what to expect."

And by the way, from BA's current website, "About British Airways: British Airways is a full service global airline, offering year-round low fares with an extensive global route network flying to and from centrally-located airports."

Air travel in economy has been transformed by low cost airlines and fierce competition. I really do not understand why people who want to pay a premium to eat and drink on the plane cannot pay that premium on the plane rather than have it included into the price of the ticket. If I don't usually eat when I fly shorthaul, why should I pay for it? And, given that I pay 100-200 Dollars less than I used to, I would rather pay the 20 when and if I want to drink or eat something then go back to the days of regulated and expensive air travel.

I have no problem with BA going to BOB for Y in Europe. I would have thought they might have made exceptions for GGL or GC or OW Emerald.

I think the strong reaction here is because this isn't a stand alone cut - it is one of many big and small cuts across all cabins, and more than cuts, planes that seem held together by tape, dirty cabins, and the safety flubs here and there.

If BA had been keeping up its hard and soft product in the premium cabins, I think most of the folks here probably would have defended BOB.